I was inspired by the picture in my book of costume in the Kyoto collection and have seen other replicas on the internet. I used an old waistcoat pattern for the waistcoat and the same for the jacket and used the sleeves from Sense and Sensibility's 1780 gown pattern. I designed the cuffs, collar and tail with pieces of paper. I bought a button kit to make the buttons. The fabric came from a sales table at the A.G.M. of the Southern Counties Costume Society costing £10! I embroidered the various parts after cutting out but before construction.
The hat was an old dressing up hat of my daughter's, which I covered. The ombre ribbon came from The Silk Route and the flowers from Primark, hobbycraft and my embroidery teacher. The cream skirt is just a couple of panels of dupion attached to a waistband. The shoes are from American Duchess. The lapels and cuffs have pelmet vilene in them for support. I think the lapels stick out too far but i am not very good with estimating proportion. I wear an 18th century corset which was an ebay find and I made a bum roll. I think my finish leaves a lot to be desired but I am pleased with the overall look.