Lovely! And I can spy which pattern you use for the bodice because I just used same base for MY 1885 day dress. :) (which in its turn is inspired by an extant dress) However, I modified the bodice's cut aswell.
I am not finished yet, though.
Lovely color choices, by the way. Love.
Also, forgot the reason of commenting, the pleats. Gonna tackle them soon, so thank you!!
thankshello, and thank you fpr you r comment:-) the bodice patterns - the one i posted in a link is not the one i used, just similar - I adapted my wedding dress pattern ( the article on it is somewhere here.... ) and this one was in turn drafted on me, without a commercial pattern - but easy to do since the basic formula for the bodices is rather basic - there are a lot of them in the Fashions of The Gilded Age too. good luck with your project - and with the pleats! :-)
Oh, oh, sorry for me being so quick to conclusions. :) I feel stupid now, but however, I wasn't negative at all, I just became happy because I used that pattern.. But then it is quite evident it was a popular style. :)
I think you made a very pretty day dress. I hope my day dress will look as pretty. Mine is made of 100% cotton, though.
patternoh, don't worry, it wasn't taken as a negative - I simply feel i need to be very clear about the patterns i use - or don't use, so that not to cause confusion - i dont want folks surprised if they buy a pattern and discover the result is different to what they thought:-) still,basic bodice formula in that era seems to be very generic, so the patterns are very similar ( front with darts, 2 or one side, back, sleeve);-) all the best for your project - and cotton is great to work with, much easier to tame the pleats!